Hi Everyone! I am very excited to share a piece of my world with you with the creation of this blog post! I have compiled a list of the top five questions I am asked on a weekly basis! I hope you find the answers to these questions informative. Feel free to comment on this post any questions you have that you need an answer too!
- How do I communicate with my teachers?
- GREAT QUESTION! Any time I get this question I am over the moon excited because it shows that all of my students are engaged and in charge of their learning. There are several ways to get in touch with your teacher, but in order to do so you need to know where to find their contact information. Below please find a screenshot of where you can find this information 🙂
- As soon as you log in at http://www.edgenuity.com/sis-login you are brought to the screen above. Click the circled “course information” tab and you will be brought to a page that contains the phone number and email address for all of your teachers. The best way to communicate electronically with your teachers is through the SIS platform. You can do that by selecting the Message section in the bottom left of the picture above.
- What do I do if I need additional support in a class?
- There are several things you can do if you feel like you need a little more help in a course. The FIRST thing you should do is reach out to your teacher and find out when their study hall hours are held. Study hall is an online forum where you can ask your teacher for help and she or he can show you using tools how to work through whatever issue you are having. You also have access to concept coaches in all subjects when you are working in your courses. But, please note you cannot get help from concept coaches
- Select the circled green chat button to connect with concept coaches. You will then fill out the form the right of the green arrow and just like that you will have help! You also can access FEV tutor for additional tutoring in subjects. For more about FEV tutoring, click here and read my post on it 🙂
- I got a call about violating the attendance policy, what does that mean?
- We have a strict attendance policy that is in place for a very good reason. You are violating the school’s attendance policy if you go ten days without logging on. This is because you will fall behind if you go this long without logging on. We want you to be successful and in order to do that you need to create good habits that start with logging on regularly. Violation of our attendance policy can result in withdrawal so it is very important not to violate it. If you have something come up that prevents you from logging on, please contact your principal, teachers, and counselor. This way everyone is aware of what is going on. I have some students who are amazing at doing this and I love that they are so responsible!
- When can I graduate?
- I am going to refer to you last week’s post created by our school counselors to answer this question, click here for the answer 🙂
- I need a document that states I am enrolled with your for either or to obtain my license, what do I do?
- Contact your principal or counselor and we will put you in touch with the correct person to get you the appropriate documents.
I would LOVE to hear any other questions you have. Several student questions I have gotten include:
Do I have a school email? No, but you have the capability to email any teacher , counselor, or principal through your Edgenuity SIS.
Can you help with me with time management? Yes, but I will need to set up a conference to get some information from you to help me create a schedule for you 🙂
Next week’s post will go over all of the NEAT tools in Edgenuity to help you make the most of this experience and I will bring back my spotlight on Georgia towns and cities 🙂